Behavioral Support Specialist
AADD is seeking experienced Behavioral Support Specialist to join our team, who would be responsible for teaching skills that help people increase independence in the community. This person will be a positive role model, provide outreach, planning, facilitate effective communication, access applicable tools, and support individual in accessing services (may also involve group activities).
Job Requirements :
- Bachelor’s degree** (prefer degree in Human Services area)
- 5 years’ experience serving individuals with autism spectrum disorder and other developmental disabilities; MANDT or other non-violent crisis intervention experience is required and must be reflected on resume in order to be considered.
- Chauffeur’s license and proof of insurance.
** Degree requirement may be waived for persons with exceptional abilities and/or experience in lieu of five years progressively responsible related experience, dependent upon the discretion of the Executive Director of the Association on Aging with Developmental Disabilities.
Must have the ability to:
- Develop communication and social skills while addressing challenging behaviors.
- Demonstrate good judgment, discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to self-manage.
- Facilitate a team atmosphere with a person-centered philosophy in mind.
- Develop, coordinate and implement plans.
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal forms.
- Apply conflict resolution skills with others involved in the individual’s life.
- Lead, attend and participate in training in-services.
- Obtain and maintain knowledge in the areas of safety procedures, and general health care to include but not limited to: CPR and First Aid Certifications, Universal Precautions, Mandt Training and a Chauffeur’s License.
- Assist individuals to identify and achieve their goals through advocacy, support and training.
- Develop positive relationships with individuals.
- Provide people with a variety of experiences to help them enhance and generalize their knowledge and skills.
- Assist people to make informed decisions.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $13.23 /hour